Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Buying New Clothes

Sumon going solo on this post:

Traveling in 120 degree heat is one of the worst ideas for someone whose "fashion sense" consists of the color black and...well, that's about it. Jeans and heavy sneakers aren't great ideas either. Thus, I've got two options: Not go on the trip of a lifetime I've been planning with my best friend for almost a year, or get over myself and just adopt a new wardrobe for six months out of my life. Easy decision, but one which leads me to hitting the clothing stores looking for clothes I normally would never wear. For my money, I look ridiculous in white T-shirts and shorts, and yet, here I am, buying both. It's for the good of the trip, so it really isn't a bitter pill to swallow. I'm actually kind of glad I'm doing this. This trip is all about getting out of my comfort zone, and doing something new with my life. I'd be silly if I was going to get stubborn about something as trivial as the clothes I'm going to wear, especially if my normal palette could leave me passed out in the Egyptian desert.

Lightweight cargo pants are an interesting invention. Comfortable, and lots of pockets...great for traveling (I know there's a reference I can make to the film and novel Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but I can't seem to find it)!

As for the trip itself, it's going to be a week shorter, we've decided. We're pretty sure our travel agent is going to kill us...



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sumon, I am glad that you continued to shop for clothes on the other side of the color spectrum... for the sake of not passing out in the Egytian desert. -SNOW